Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Tranquil Tuesday



Happy Tranquil Tuesday everyone. Remember to breath today. When I was little and I was upset from spilling milk or something really upsetting Momma would always say, "Take three deep breaths." Try it with your own children. It has stuck with me and it always makes me feel better. Breath in through your nose, and release out through your mouth for the count of five, slowly. 

Animal, Vegetable, Miracle: A Year of Food Life (P.S.)

Today's book suggestion is Animal, Vegetable, Miracle by Barabara Kingsolver. For all of you home gardeners and canners I hope you will love this book. Try canning on a Tranquil Tuesday. See the labor of your own hands. Hear the popping sounds of the cans as a job well done. Tranquil Tuesday is for checking out of the electro world. Go old school. Make something you can enjoy all winter. Like the tons of tomatoes you may have from your own garden or the farmers market. Pop, pop...trust me, it is a delightful sound.






No comments: