Thursday, September 30, 2010

Coffee



After I picked up our tickets for the races last week I stopped by this darling coffee shop.


I asked the manager what kind of coffee they serve. She said it was a secret. I kept asking.


No really, what kind of coffee do you serve?


No really, it's a secret. And apparently the best coffee in town.


E. is such a coffee guy that I was hoping to find out what the deal was with the coffee secret, but alas, I was only told that it is comparable to Counter Culture. Some folks go on pilgrimage to see the sites of Ireland, the artwork in France or the standing rocks of Stonehenge. E. scopes out coffee shops around the country. Where ever we travel, he seeks out the best spots.


Here are some of our favorites:

BALTIMORE
Atwaters

Woodberry Kitchen

Spro

Charmington's

OTHER CITIES

Water Street Coffee Joint Kalamazoo

Ultimo Philly

Intelligentsia Chicago

China Town Coffee Co. DC

Octane Atlanta

Caffee Driade Chapel Hill

Ellwood's Coffee Richmond

I had an iced latte at The Filling Station that was pretty tasty. I'm looking forward to going back with E. for the real taste test. We have a travel Scrabble set for such occasions.


This pumpkin patch is across the street from the Filling Station, on the corner of Shawan and Falls Road. What a perfect adventure for the fall.

Big snaps to E. for taking me all over the states for great coffee. I love your desire to search out the coolest spots in a new town. You never disappoint me in your search for adventure.

No comments: