Friday, September 17, 2010

Tomatillo Salsa


Just in time for football. Run to your farmers market this weekend for a very, very easy salsa. Hopefully you will luck out and get the last of the tomatillo's of the season.



Not only is this hands down my favorite color green, but you little sweeties are husky too. Peel the husks off of the fruit. They are a little sticky.


Blanch them, just until the water boils.


I used cilantro, the zest of one lime, two cloves of garlic, a heaping tablespoon of salt, a couple of grinds of pepper, and a third of a cup of olive oil.


Boil for no more than five minutes.


Throw everything together and cut the tomatillos in half.


Blend, taste, add sugar if you want to add to the sweetness of the fruit.


This makes a light, sweet salsa that won't stick around very long on game day.

Thanks again to Joan from One Straw Farm for her amazing produce and literally teaching me how to make this salsa one morning at the Farmers Market.

2 comments:

mFw said...

Your blog is too cute!!! I'm popping over from Friday Follow!!

Pigtown*Design said...

I love the immersion blender. I gave my mum one and she's now making shakes and soups.

(and Joan does rock!)