Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Tranquil Tuesday


If you are not sure what Tranquil Tuesday is, please refer to my post last week.


Take some time today to stop and really look at your surroundings.


Van Gogh loved sunflowers. I love zinnias. I need to start painting again. I was an art major at Ripon College. I had a great, large studio and would sit in silence for hours painting. People who know me in real life know that is hard to believe, me in silence. But I'm trying to take more time to enjoy the silence and my studio at Ripon was one of those places where lots came from good silence.


Zinnias at Waverly Farmers Market this past weekend.


I'm so thankful for the long weekend. Glorious weather. Girl bonding. Family gatherings. Honest conversations. This prayer sums up my needs for this Tranquil Tuesday.

BCP, p 825 For the Good Use of Leisure

O God, in the course of this busy life, give us times of refreshment and peace; and grant that we may so use our bodies and renew our minds, that our spirits may be opened to the goodness of your creation; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen

I'll also leave you with another book suggestion. Sunflowers by Sheramy Bundrick. It is a historical novel about Van Gogh written with the help of his and Theo's letters. It is sexy, mystical and enlightens my understanding of a man I always thought was just crazy.

Sunflowers

No comments: