Friday, August 17, 2012

Love 40


When I turned 40 earlier this year I promised myself I would find a tennis group. A week later, while sitting at the bar at Wit & Wisdom, providence struck over my Martinez! I ran into a friend of a friend who invited me to join her doubles group. It was the best gift. I believe in speaking things into existence and this was pure proof that it works.


Our group ended in the late spring due to summer travel schedules. What's a tennis addict to do? After posting photos on Facebook my friend Vaughn reached out to see if we could play. She was another answer to my #ne1410s (anyone for tennis?) bat signal!!! We have been playing three times a week at Druid Hill Park at 6:30 am. The sunrises alone are worth getting up this early. Seriously. It is like getting a fist pump from God!




Rejoice!


We have had so much fun and are getting back to our high school tennis selves. I dusted off the hopper and we've been practicing our serves. And seriously, we've been running lines, doing lunges and shuffling all over the courts for our #backtoschoolbods! My energy level has been off the chart lately, especially after a whole month on this early program. It just seems like the perfect time as we head into fall/back to school, theoretically.



Charlie has even come out to play a few times too this summer! Tennis is truly my love language.

Thanks Karen for introducing me to your tennis group. Vaughn, thanks for the late night and early morning texts. I seriously love that we found each other!!! Charlie, as always you are my favorite partner. Thanks for hitting with me Buddy. Shout-out to my college roommate Tracy who just won the 4.0 State Finals in Wisconsin with her team last weekend too! We played tennis at Ripon together. There are so many fond high school and college tennis memories as we head into the fall. 

No comments: