Sunday, June 26, 2011

Lemon Garlic Hummos


Hummos is the easiest thing in the world to make. I don't even use a recipe. Start with good tahini. I use about a 1/4 of a cup.


Juice two lemons.


Juice your lemons into a strainer. So much easier than getting the seeds out afterwards.


Use three or four raw cloves of garlic.


Zest one lemon, add about three cups of chick peas to a Cuisinart with your garlic and lemon juice.


Then add olive oil until your hummos starts to look like hummos. Start with a cup and see how it tastes. Add a tablespoon of Celtic salt.


Add a dash of olive oil to you hummos and enjoy.


Having healthy snacks to eat this past week was imperative to my survival. I even brought my own hummos to a meeting last Monday. It was easy to stay on my whole foods way of eating. I have so many photos to share from the last few weeks. Bare with me. I'm needing some extra time to recover and sitting in front of a computer is not tempting me at all. The events did go so well. I've never been more satisfied from such hard work.

3 comments:

Ella said...

I'm so glad that your hard work felt good. Looking forward to see your photos. Have never done Hummos but I think I'm gonna give it a chance.

Tiffany from HOLIDAY said...

Only one problemo...I could eat an entire tub of it in one sitting.

Nelle Somerville said...

Recently someone left a comment on this post that I mistakenly deleted....I'm still all thumbs when I use my iPhone at times. Please excuse the mistaken delete and repost when or if you stop by again. :) All the best, Nelle