Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Tranquil Tuesday: Fall 2012


Fall has really taken hold in Stone Hill. We have lost all of our leaves and many of the storms have damaged so many of our trees and our neighbor's trees that our village looks different these days. It's hard not to get a little sad when everything looks so bleak. But fall is a time of letting go. So I encourage all of you to take some time to turn off your cell phones today, set your DVR (Tuesday is a great TV night all of a sudden) and read a book. Go for a long walk. Meditate on what you need to let go. Holy man do I have a lot to let go. I can hardly believe is has been nine months since I lost my job. I have been trying to land a full time gig, questioning if I should start my own company, and continue to wait for answers from places I've applied.  But I have to be honest, I cried this year when I saw the first leaves begin to fall. How has this time flown by so fast? I remember when I was little and could hardly wait for Christmas. It seemed like the days just dragged on. Now, it feels like days just disappear. 

The best medicine I suggest is to get out there and volunteer. It truly makes what little sadness I have had disappear. It is also great way to prepare for Christmas in this Advent season. Try not to get too caught up in what to buy people. Taking photos has been my medicine to stay cheerfully spirited despite no budget. What a great lesson to learn as well. Like the Grinch learned:

And he puzzled and puzzed, till his puzzler was sore.
Then the Grinch thought of something he hadn't before!
"Maybe Christmas," he thought, "doesn't come from a store.
Maybe Christmas… perhaps… means a little bit more."

3 comments:

Trish {Pink Preppy Lilly Lover} said...

This is so beautiful Nelle. Lots of love and squishy baby hugs coming your way dear friend xoxoxooxox

Samma said...

It looks so gorgeous- and to volunteer is such good advice.

Ella said...

I remember when I asked you about the word "tranquil" (long time ago...) as I didn't understand it but now it's a part of me and it will always remind me of you when I see it.