Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Mt. Washington Dye House and Copper Kitchen Open House


The week of the big winter storm in January I was invited by my dear friends at Union 3 Events to join them for an event showcase at the Mt. Washington Mill Dye House. Looking back I'm so thrilled I got out to do something so social before we were stuck with all that snow.


Baltimore is such an incredible city and the hospitality community here is unrivaled. Competing vendors came together to put on an incredible event. Union 3 designed the event and Copper Kitchen catered it. Copper Kitchen is the preferred caterer at the Dye House.


There were locally sourced oysters from Sapidus Farms. They were "happy oysters" and delicious. I feel sorry for people who aren't brave enough to taste oysters. We are so lucky so have so many incredible options in this region. Be brave. Try and oyster.


Our friends at Local Color Flowers were there representing with all locally sourced flowers. This is a really big deal. I recently used Ellen for an event and all of the flowers came from within 70 miles of campus. 


Beautifully styled bars and buffet with rented farm tables.


Bacon and goat cheese gougeres.




Alexa's gorgeous lounge design. I'm a sucker for a daily chandelier shot and the conversation areas were a nice break for folks who wanted a cozy spot to land at the party.


Copper Kitchen did this fun somewhat naked cake. Listen to this episode of Cherry Bombe radio to learn more about the original naked cake.



The bartenders were all hired from the Baltimore Bar Guild. This is a signature Alexa move. She's hired them for multiple events around the city. The craft cocktail movement is huge and we have some of the best bartenders in the country. I remember being with Alexa at the B&O American Brasserie during one of her tastings for some really fun clients. They chose a few signature cocktails for the party. I like to stay current and ask my event buddies to let me crash their pre-parties. I love that Alexa let's me come take a peek at her incredible event set-ups. Her bars are always outstanding. It's a great event trick. Make the bars fabulous because they will most likely be the place people stay close to the most. Listen to this fantastic new podcast to hear from three of the best bartenders in town in the episode titled Rye Not. Working with Brendan was a treat at Kimpton.


I always love what the team from Crimson & Clover arrange too. They are so creative and many of my brides at the Monaco used them a bunch. 



Finally, the star of the night were these little gems from Copper Kitchen.


Korean BBQ wings with gochujang sauce. Oh my Lord in heaven. They also had bubbling beer cheese with pretzels, and delightful little pulled pork sliders. Casual food executed perfectly. Well done friends, well done.

We say it all the time, but feel so lucky to live in this city! Thank you Baltimore. You are the best. Thank you again my darling Alexa for your hospitality and inspiring designs. 







No comments: