Sunday, February 9, 2014

Artful Weddings Studio Opening


I had the honor of being invited to a studio opening for a fantastic photographer in Baltimore. It was just down the street from Stone Hill. It's always fun getting invited to an event by people who attend and work events for a living. Great food, drinks, music and you run into everyone in your industry. Read here to see the professional photography taken at the event. My photos pale in comparison, but I still wanted to show off this way cool space.


The space is gorgeous in a classic Baltimore mix use warehouse in Clipper Mill.



Ann Sachs and her husband own Artful Weddings. With my wonky foot, I came for a brief visit and had to sit down after 15 minutes. Pathetic. But I couldn't miss ANOTHER party. 


Chef's Expressions catered the event. They were passing warm, thick cut, "Billionaires Bacon" in little pails. I will never forget having candied bacon the first time at my cousin Rob's wedding at the Memphis Country Club nine years ago. They served the bacon stacked a la log cabin style. People were seriously eating it like candy! I'm so glad I didn't miss this party. The bacon was legendary. 


They also served a chicken roulade with avocado and other lovely little nibbles.


The space would be great for rehearsal dinners, brunches or even a small wedding ceremony. They not only want to use the space as a photography studio, but rent it as an event site as well. The windows are huge and have a southern light that would be gorgeous in the late afternoon.





The Pie Station was gorgeous with four simple options to choose from.


I loved the grilled cheese station. The blue cheese and bacon sandwich was epic. It was great seeing lots of friends but I especially enjoyed a long visit with Lindsay and Erin from Union 3 Events.






Thanks for taking good care of me and my crutch Ann. Look forward to working with you soon.

No comments: