Friday, January 4, 2013

Oatmeal Flax Pancakes


Here's to your health everyone. Eric loves these pancakes to start the day off right. This morning he asked me to make them and sent me a recipe which I changed for the healthier.

Oatmeal Flax Pancakes

1/2 cup all-purpose flour (GF version try almond flour)

1/2 cup quick cooking oats

2 tablespoons of ground golden flax seed

Zest of half a lemon

1 tablespoon honey

1 teaspoon baking powder

1/2 teaspoon baking soda

1/2 teaspoon Celtic sea salt

3/4 cup almond milk

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

2 tablespoons vegetable oil

1 egg

Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl. Add wet ingredients and mix together. Let sit 10 minutes. Use cooking spray on a griddle and flip when cakes start to bubble all over. Heat oven to 200 degrees. Add cooked cakes on a plate and keep warm in oven until all are ready. Yields approx 6 pancakes. Serve with Grade B Maple Syrup.

This girl needs a detox and how. Hope this will inspire you to start the morning off with good carbs and low sugar. Enjoy the weekend!


3 comments:

Kelly Maly said...

This was a fabulous recipe. I was trying to PIN it on Pinterest, but I get the image of the purple flower instead of the picture of the pancakes.

If you can make it pinable, I would love to put it on my board of successful recipes.

Nelle Somerville said...

Thanks Kelly! I'll work in this and love that you tried it!!!

Nelle Somerville said...

Okay Kelly, see if this link works for you http://pinterest.com/pin/224546731392941172/ :)