Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Tranquil Tuesday: The American Heiress


It's a miracle we didn't wash away with all the rain these past few days in Baltimore. Just when we thought it was going to be beautiful and sunny, CRACK, a flash of lightening and counting...ONE...TWO...THREE...boom came the thunder repeatedly. Eric removed the old plexi-glass windows (thank you Lord) and added new screens to our front porch. We had front row seats to the most wonderful rain storms, sounds and wild winds during the weekend. I spent the better part snuggled up on the porch reading The American Heiress. It is such a guilty pleasure especially after watching the royal wedding this past April. I don't feel very confident in reviewing books but know it is a fast read and has wonderful descriptions of parties, dresses, Newport, British and New York mansions.

The American Heiress: A Novel

This morning was very nearly chilly and I'm wearing a sweater. While I'm not looking forward to darker days, I am looking forward to cool mornings sipping tea on the front porch snuggled up with my Charlie reading great books.

Now we just need a few of these and an outdoor rug and we'll be ready for the fall.

Thank you for making Stone Hill even more romantic than I thought possible darling Charlie. I love you.



1 comment:

Pigtown*Design said...

I live at the bottom of the "valley" and the water running downhill has been amazing! But we need the rain so badly, so I can't complain.

xoxo