Thursday, May 21, 2015

The Radnor Hunt Races


Uncle Charlie had to work this past weekend, so I took the no-wedding-weekend opportunity to visit Katiecakes and Tony in PA for the Radnor Hunt Races. Katonycakes and six couples hosted the most incredible tail gate at The Tack Room combining two tents for a glorious spread on a hot spring afternoon. 


As I said on Instagram our hats lasted for about 2.5 seconds. And yes, mine needed its own zip code. Katie refashioned hers with fresh peonies from the Philly Farmer's Market. I found mine at a thrift shop in Hampden for pennies. My dress was in my first Stitch Fix box. $66.00 dollars...I couldn't believe it. Have you found this incredible shopping/style website yet? If not click here, sign up, and if you buy something I'll get the credit. Thank you very much. I'm addicted. You will be too, and you'll share your love with your friends (just like I'm doing here) and you too will get credit to shop. How fun is that? I've gone a little crazy on my "Closet" board on Pinterest, because my stylist looks at it to get inspiration for my Stitch Fix boxes. Other bloggers are posting every photo of every item. I wish I had the time, but know it is very accurate with sizing and the pricing is incredible for those not with a lot of time or patience to shop. You don't see what you get until you open the box and that is part of the fun. But they will give you a style diagnostic if you will. Again. Too. Much. Fun. 


But I digress. Back to all things horsey.


Preview of this tailgate was featured in the Wanye Magazine. Click to page 20. I knew it would be great from the write up. What a fun way to invite people to your party.


We sipped on Lynchburg Lemonade, bloody Mary's and bourbon all afternoon. It was hot. Must stay hydrated.


All of the hosts pitched in for different parts of the party. I fell in love with so many of Katie and Tony's friends. We traveled with a few of the friends for the Kentucky adventures last month so of course Gretchen, Robert and Mark were a sight for sore eyes. New fast friends were: vegetable platter Becky and her preppy-pants-husband Bix. Magazine editor Laurie and I felt like long lost sister soul mates. Veuve bearers Karen and Robert were dear hearts. Can you believe Karen has been a fan of this very blog, in which you are reading, since the beginning? I can't tell you how much fun it was to finally meet you Karen. Katie introduced us to almost all of our friends in Baltimore. Now the web is that much bigger in Pennsylvania. 

 


Bix, Gretchen and Becky, of the vegetable platter fame.


Jo, perfectly poised for stylish horse viewing on the rail.


Laurie, Robert, Katiecakes, Gretchen, Whip, Karen and Robert.


Last year's julep cup and this year's Pimm's and Ho'ses branding. Too much fun, you preppy, tongue-in-cheek bunch you. 


"I like bright butts and I cannot lie." Winner of the caption contest. Nice work Kelli.


There were nine races that afternoon. It was also Preakness Day so the program had the odds for the Preakness Stakes too. I made sure we were in the car with radio on in order to hear Uncle Larry call the race.




My friend's Uncle Larry is Larry Collmus. I got to meet him last week! Click here for some Derby recap fun. I can't imagine how stressful that job must be. He makes it sound so easy.




Loved this photo so much I had to use it twice.




What a great place to view the action. 







Nothing like Veuve Cliquot in solo cups. After the last race we toasted the day.


Thank you Tack Roomers. What a glorious afternoon of fun, food and new friendship. And now to count down to the nuptials of these cuties.  


1 comment:

Let The Tide Pull Your Dreams Ashore said...

Had so much fun seeing your instragrams! Looks like you had a blast. I love the napkins and I'm obsessed with that navy tunic dress! Miss you. xx