Friday, September 19, 2014

Caliza

From Caliza Website

The first night of our trip to Florida was E's birthday. These are my iPhone photos but hope you get a glipse into this way-cool space! I sent out a note to my southern friends who vacation on the Emerald Coast. My cousin Trip said this restaurant was one of the best meals he had had all year.



They served popcorn instead of bread. It was flavored with Wasabi and Soy.


The tuna crudo with fried quinoa was so unique. The texture of the quinoa was a great contrast with the soft and subtle tuna.


My fish was extraordinary. They called it Trash Fish because it was the fish caught in the nets that are usually thrown back. There was pearl couscous and the most wonderful broth.



Turns out the chef is from Baltimore.


It was a perfect start to our incredible break.


Mint chocolate ice cream.


The decor was very unexpected at the beach. We felt like we were in Greece or Miami. When I called to ask the dress code and if jeans were okay, the kind hostess warned me even at night it would be too hot. I forget 90 at the beach and 90 in MD are two different animals. It was muggy. The entrance to the powder room had chain curtains that tinked and clinked as you entered.


The tiles were gorgeous, reflecting the colors from the beautiful beaches.



Yes, I am that girl who takes photos of powder rooms. I'm obsessed with this sink, the floors and the poured cement counters. 



The tiles behind the bar are so covet worthy. Sexy right?


Terrible photo but they have a semi private space that looks like a little Moraccan hideout. There were a gaggle of girls squealing when we were there, making a few of us wish the room was fully private. Voices do carry over the pool waters, be warned.



Even the roads are amazing in Alys Beach. The cobblestone streets give the area a sense of history and place even though it is only about six years old. I love how design does this.







No comments: