Thursday, March 20, 2014

Happy First Day of Spring: Terrain


Be prepared for a few Insta-repeats...a few weeks ago I had a Saturday off and E and I took to the Somaru and headed north on a brunch adventure. E indulged in the Pumpkin French Toast.


I opted for the steak and eggs over bourbon bacon kale. Have mercy.


I love how they serve the brioche in the little flower pots.


Every detail has been thought of down to the ball jar salt shaker and honey pot pepper.


I'm a sucker for latte art.


I ordered tea, but after seeing E's latte I too ordered one.


Copy Cat Latte


This winter has felt like the first winter we've ever had on the East coast in the last twenty years I've lived out here. Growing up in Michigan, I saw a lot of snow. I think we have had 7 big snow days this season. That's even a bit much for Michigan. Seeing these wee little daffodils just warmed my cold and frozen soul.



If I owned a hotel I would only have colored pencil tree branches set out for meetings.


Primrose always remind me of my sweet Virginie's wedding in France. Her parents home had them in all of  the planters.


Every time we head up to Terrain it's more of a fact finding mission. We've been playing around with the idea of an outdoor garden sink. Isn't this poured cement one the coolest?


After we finished our downstairs bathroom tile remodel we have a ton of Carara marble left over. Cheese trays here we come.



I spent St. Patrick's Day with the novovirus. Thankfully that only lasted a day and a half.



We have sprung forward, so it is light out when we head home from work and today is sunny and cool. 

Dear Lord, please spare us any more snow. Amen!

1 comment:

Ella said...

The flowers are lovely and gives so much of energy.

We have also had a very unusual winter. But the opposite.. in the end of February and in the beginning of March it was spring here and degrees about 50F when it should be about 14 F! But yesterday we got a lot of snow and the temperatures have been down to 5.