Friday, March 28, 2014

Baby Nephews in Memphis


If anything good came of my Uncle Robert's funeral it was getting to meet Baby Nephew II in person. Matthew was just two and a half weeks old and so tiny when I finally got to clap my eyes on him. It was such a gift to be able to hold him, and love him and see him face to face. I couldn't get enough of him, but didn't get enough of him. Don't babies just have the best smell? It's a miracle I didn't squeeze him to death.


I mean, look at his little hands just put together in prayer. We gave Andrew this little outfit he's wearing in our mirror selfie! 


I also had the best time with Baby Nephew. We took a walk one afternoon and it was so fun seeing him just play and run. Elise took this of us and I think I'll frame it.



                        



My brother really is the best Daddy and Elise is such a good Momma. Ugh, it makes my heart hurt a little bit that we aren't all closer together.


I finally finished this teddy bear that I had been knitting Andrew since BEFORE he was born. One of my goals for the year was to use my hands creatively more often. I totally messed up the arms...they are WAY too long...but who cares. Andrew sleeps with this little bear every night. Mac said I had "Francie" powers. Maybe the best compliment I've ever received in my entire life. Francie was our grandmother who passed away last year. Coming back to Memphis for the first time with her gone was another blow. 


These little munchkins made up for all of the loss we were feeling.



I love you kids!

No comments: