Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Philly Visit and Prayer Request



Whoa, where has the time gone? I have been meaning to post these fun photos from Philly for weeks now. So here goes...very delayed. We extended our vacation for one night in Philly on our way home from the beach this summer. I was so excited to stay at the new Philadelphia Hotel Monaco.



The decor at the hotel is so creative. The calligraphy brushes behind the front desk are an ode to the signing of the Declaration of Independence across the street from the hotel.





That is some chandelier in the lobby foyer.



These tea pot lights were on the sleeping room floor foyers.


The guest rooms are gorgeous. I don't know how Kimpton does it, but everything works somehow together with opposing patterns, textures and details. Full disclosure, I now work for Kimpton and was a huge fan before getting my job at the Baltimore Hotel Monaco.



I especially loved the navy damask print wall paper in the powder room with bright yellow pocket doors.



The walk in shower and tub were ginormous.


The only tragedy was that we spent one night in this glorious room.


We could see where the Continental Congress met across the street out our window.







The "Rocky" robe was a such a nice touch next to the animal print one.


We had a phenomenal dinner at the Red Owl Tavern with my sweet friend Katie(cakes) and her beau Tony. The team gave us a tour of the private space which is downstairs from the main restaurant.




I can hardly believe that this trip was over two months ago. It is great to have these photos as a snapshot memory of our fun night in Philly at the end of our holiday. Wishing all of you an easy start to school and the beginning of what I'm sure is a busy work season. Feeling very blessed for our health and well being. With the Navy Yard tragedy this week and finding out my dear uncle has cancer I just praise God for each breath.  My uncle Robert's one prayer request is that God be glorified and that God will use him for His glory and to further His kingdom through whatever and where ever this sickness takes him. We are still not exactly sure what is up, but ask your prayers specifically to halt whatever cancer is in his body. It is amazing how much God has already been glorified by my precious cousin's updates. I've already reconnected with my best prayer warriors which is a gift in itself. I have no idea why tragedy seems to strike those dearest to Christ but I know He has been glorified already in the past two weeks. I often turn to the Book of Common Prayer when I'm not sure what to pray. This evening Compline prayer covers all of my bases. 

Keep watch, dear Lord, with those who work, or watch, or weep this night, and give your angels charge over those who sleep. Then the sick, Lord Christ; give rest to the weary, bless the dying, soothe the suffering, pity the afflicted, shield the joyous; and all for your love's sake. Amen. 

No comments: