Friday, October 26, 2018

Kalamazoo Visit 2018


The fall is glorious in Michigan. 




Especially when I get to see my baby nephews. They all melt my heart. We had a great dinner with Momma and Daddy, Mac and Elise the Friday night I arrived. 


Later that night I had the honor of visiting with some dear friends from Kazoo for a sad but happy reunion. 


Please help support the Go Fund Me page for the precious Melluish family, who live in Baltimore. The world is so small. I never met Billy personally, even though he went to Hackett and St. Monica's with my brother. I met his wonderful wife Kathy a year ago today actually, because she was one of the architects for a new building at MICA, where I work. I played tennis with three of Billy's four sisters. I kept seeing notes on social media from his twin sisters Annie and Sarah who were often visiting in Baltimore during his illness. The mass at the cathedral was so unbelievably beautiful in Baltimore. Billy wanted everyone to know how much God had brought them closer as a family in the last year. The joy that this man shared was a true reflection of God's love. I felt it and I had never even clapped eyes on him. What a legacy. The burial was in Kalamazoo that Friday night when I got in. They had a celebration toast at one of the breweries where everyone got together to tell more stories. It was incredible and I'm so happy I could be there for this amazing family.


Saturday morning brought joyful Soccer Aunting (trademark still pending) at the AYSO fields off of Drake.


My little brother Mac played here when he was this age and to see Baby Nephew II on the field just made my heart burst with pride.


This was the last game of the season and only 4 teammates showed up. It was chilly, but a glorious no cloud in the sky morning.


Elise had chairs and blankies ready for me when I arrived. I love you Lisey!!!


It was squinty sunny out.


When we got home I had a surprise from us at Mac's house. This felt as close to Christmas morning as we are going to get with these guys. I love how excited they got to try it out!!! Mac and Elise were champs and we put it up right away. 


A few years ago we got the boys the Swurfer. This swing is the greatest gift on earth, and I found it from a social media pal @erikampowell. We don't get the guys a lot of presents but save up for the big guns. This was worth every cent. And it was such a hit that we had to add another swing to their big tree called the Web Rider. I didn't think we could top the Swurfer but this swing acts almost like a flat hammock. I think six kids were on it at once in their neighborhood. I also found it on Erika's Instagram page, so yes, I'm now stalking all the swings. Elise says, "my swings bring all the kids to the yard..." which is great for them to be able to watch from the house.



Absolutely blissed out.



Andrew drew this amazing thank you note with both swings on it, including Matthew on the Swurfer, and Andrew on the Web Rider.


It was such a great long weekend. 













Hoping everyone has a great Halloweekend. Life is way too short. Hug your people.






No comments: