Monday, August 26, 2013

The Speakeatery


We found another great spot at the beach this summer for an easy lunch while on vacation. The Speakeatery had opened just two weeks before we arrived and was suggested by the gang at Cafe Volan. I can hardly believe its been over a month since we were at the beach. Where did the summer go? I keep seeing adorable kids back-to-school photos and am longing for freshly sharpened pencils and new school supplies for our office. I just love this time of year. But before I get too caught in the present I want to post a few memories from the beach.


We lucked out and found the front window seat open for us.


I am obsessed with chandeliers and the ones at this deli were made out of spoons. You can see E's knee at the window. It just started to rain as our orders came up. It was such a relaxing first day riding our bikes through the rain.


The prices in Asbury Park are so reasonable.


I ordered a Greek salad that was big enough for me and E. The bowl was ginormous.


Over lunch we admired our recent purchase at an antique shop that was going out of business. I'm in love with this frame and the light in the front window was perfect to show off this sweet little piece.


Anyone know who this person is?


All of the details at this shop "spoke" to me. Sorry it was just too easy. So much of it reminded me of my parents gourmet kitchen shop, Forty Carrots.


I could create a kitchen tool montage in about 3.5 seconds from the drawers, baskets and bowls filled with this stuff at Mom's house. This is my inspiration wall to do one of these days. I love it.


There were groceries as well as pre-made items to take to the beach. I wish we had a similar shop in Hampden.  7-11 and RoFo don't cut it sometimes. It would be awesome to have an organic convenience store open all week.


The local roaster sold their beans here as well.



No comments: