Sunday, March 18, 2012

Cowl Neck Warmer



I can't believe it was over a month ago that I turned 40! My wonderfully creative friend Emily hand knit this cowl neck warmer for me as a gift. The yarn is hand painted and the buttons are made out of oak. I'm mean seriously? How beautiful if this bad boy?


I'm just learning to knit. Emily used an elongated seed stitch. I love it and am inspired to learn now even though the first day of spring is this week.


I just learned how to rib and am pretty proud of myself. Emily told me to go find Sue at Lovely Yarns. She is so wonderful. I took a 4 hour workshop and learned pretty quickly from Mary. If you live in Baltimore and are dying to learn to knit check out the new location of Lovely Yarns, now on Falls Road in the old Cozy Baby location. 

Emily thank you again for your generous gift. I look forward to celebrating your birthday this week. I believe some whiskey may be involved.





2 comments:

Ella said...

A very good work of both you and your friend Emily! You know I love knitting but I don't have any project right now... I have to start a new one.

Laura Casey Interiors said...

Good for you for learning a new skill! Looks beautiful and like you are a natural,
Laura