Thursday, November 8, 2018

Shannon & Dan, 4.8.2006



One of my all time favorite nuptials was for my childhood best friend Shannon. Her dad walked her down the aisle to "Somewhere over the Rainbow"  and every time I hear that version of the song I get tears in my eyes and think of April 8, 2006. 


The ceremony was by the pool and Shannon and Dan wrote their own hilarious vows. Shannon loved that Dan cut off the ends of her hot dogs for instance. It took place in the middle of the desert in Tucson, AZ.


Gerbiera daisy's lined the pool and the 35 guests watched from the balconies overlooking the deck. It was so intimate and lovely.


E and I had only been dating a year. Mary made sure we were there even after I had just had major surgery. I lied to my doctor and got on a plane before I was really supposed to, but wouldn't have missed it for the world and I lived to tell the tale. I love this photo and think we all look like babies.


We were all together in Cincinnati last weekend. Man time flies when you are having fun. 


No comments: