Thursday, May 17, 2012

"If you love to cook you'll be a good cook." Please pray for Francie.



I have just returned from a week long visit with my precious, wonderful, beautiful, joyful and wise grandmother. She has been in and out of the hospital in the last few weeks and is going back tomorrow due to heart conditions and an infection that won't seem to clear up. I know so many of you are prayerful people. May I ask you to pray for my sweet Francie? This video shows how funny and smart she is even at 93 years old! 


As we waited in the doctor's office I realized I had the perfect opportunity to interview her. I took so many of her but this one is my favorite because she talks about her cooking classes at Forty Carrots and meeting Julia Child. Her poor face is so puffy. She would simply die if she knew I posted this for the world to view, but I can't help myself. I'm so proud of her and love her stories so much that I have to share them with you. Enjoy and please pray for Mary Frances. 

6 comments:

Ella said...

Hi Nelle, have missed you and your posts but I understand that your life has been filled with important things like taking care of this wonderful lady, your grandmother. I hope she will forgive you for sharing this with us, it was very interesting to listen to her. She's so beautiful and reminds me of my grandmothers.

Maggie said...

Grandmothers are so special. Thinking of you!

WorthyStyle said...

So happy to see that you posted. Such a sweet video of your grandmother. She is in my prayers and just know we are all thinking of you and your family! xoxo

Whitney and the Preppy Puppies said...

Your grandmother is precious. She and your family are in my prayers.

WendyCinDC said...

Oh, Nelle! What a smart cookie you are to film her and capture these wonderful visits and stories!So truly special!! XOXO!

Tiffany from HOLIDAY said...

Thinking of you and this special little lady who you look just like!