Saturday, July 7, 2012

Anyone for Tennis? @wimbledon

Excited-Kate-Middleton-cheers-on-Andy-Murray-at-Wimbledon.html.jpg

We've enjoying being inside watching The Championships this week due to the heat in the Mid-Atlantic. We lucked out and only lost power for 10 hours after last Friday's crazy storm. Is anyone as obsessed with Wimbledon as I am? The Brits are too cute with their Andy Murray love, and deservedly so. The Queen's Jubilee and having the Olympic Games this summer makes having a Brit in the final very appropriate, don't you think? This Wimbledon has  been so exciting with great ups and downs. The roof debate has been interesting and I can't imagine playing on grass under a roof. Seems counterintuitive. It is an outdoor tournament. Growing up in Kalamazoo, Michigan gave us lots of opportunity to watch some of the best players in the country. I was a score keeper for Michael Chang's brother back in the late 80's. The USTA Boys 16 & 18s Nationals are played in my hometown. They serve Blueberries and Cream as an ode to Wimbledon's Strawberries and Cream delight. One of these years we hope to hit the trifecta of Grand Slams with the French Open, Wimbledon and the US Open.

224546731391585579.jpg

Via 

imgres.jpg


It was great seeing the Royal Family get behind one of their countrymen as well and the folks in and out of the Royal Box. Kate looked lovely as always. I'm really looking forward to Andy Murray and Roger Federer in the finals. How great to have the favorite son and the hometown son playing each other. I am a softy for Roger however and hope he will hit lucky number seven Wimbledon championships. I think he is the most talented tennis player and love to watch him hit. 

index.html.jpg


I've loved playing regular tennis again. E and I play once a week and I finally found a group this winter to play doubles. Now who out there can teach me this classic one hand back hand?







No comments: